It used to be that the only platform supporting both safety and redundancy in one processer was the S7-400. That all changes with the release of the 1518HF-4 PN. Introduced to the market along with TIA Portal Version V17, the CPU 1518HF-4 PN is suitable for applications placing highest demands on availability, program scope and processing speed, which at the same time require functional safety up to SIL 3.
Like any other S7-1500 failsafe controller, the CPU 1518HF-4 PN can be operated without a safety program for standard applications, and it can be programmed with STEP 7 and STEP 7 Safety TIA Portal Version 17 and higher.
Want to know the specs for the CPU 1518HF-4 PN? They include:
- CPU with display
- 9 MB Code RAM and 60 MB data
- PROFINET IO controller
- Integrated PROFINET IO interface with 2 ports for ring structure and 2 PROFINET interfaces for Ethernet and PROFINET basic services with separate IP address (4 ports in total)
- Two slots for synchronization modules
- Integrated system diagnostics
- 5-level protection concept
- Width: 210 mm
For more information on the CPU 1518HF-4 PN, click the button below to get in touch with the SE Automation team.
SE Automation, a Standard Electric Supply Co., in business since 2004, is committed to offering you, the customer, the quality services and products which you require to successfully run your business.