Contributing author: Rudy Hauser of Siemens Industry, Inc.
The new SINAMIC wall mount kits from Siemens allow simple, direct mounting of G120C compact and G120 PM240-2 modular drives. Designed for use with the latest SINAMICS drives, these low-cost kits are easy to install and conform to NEMA 1 and UL Type 1 standards.
Available in power ranges from ½ to 200 hp, and for voltages from 230V to 690V, the streamlined, compact design is consistent for all frame sizes and provides for simple interior mounting.
Some highlights of the SINAMICS wall mount kits include:
- Conforms to NEMA 1/UL Type 1 standards for interior installations
- Accommodates all G120C/PM240-2/PM240P-2 power modules, control units and operator panels
- Standardized design for optimum space utilization and for efficient side-by-side mounting with minimal clearances
- Multiple conduit knockout holes provided for separate power, motor, and network cabling
- Designed in accordance with the latest applicable UL 61800-5-1 standards for AC drives
Each wall mount kit provides best-in-class space savings and direct access to drive-mounted operator panels for simple commissioning, monitoring, and troubleshooting.
Download the brochure: SINAMICS G120 Brochure
Contributing author: Rick Drake, Channel Account Manager, Siemens
Powerful machines need powerful controls. Siemens SIURIUS ACT offers a unique portfolio of elegantly design push buttons, indicator lights, and switches that provide all the performance you are looking for.
Constructed with genuine metal and high-grade plastics, engineered with smart functions and communication capabilities, these new push buttons, indicator lights, and switches have been extreme element tested to ensure reliability for your most mission critical operations
SIRIUS ACT is highlighted by its:
- Modern Design (elegant product design and high-quality material)
- Ease of use (takes the concept of sophistication in simplicity to the next level)
- Extreme robust frame (reliable for when things get rough)
- Flexible communication (flexibility via AS-I, IO-Link, and Profinet)
In the food and beverage industry, the sensor switch is utilized. The most important concept for this specific industry is to ensure the highest hygienic conditions. With the SIRIUS ACT sensor switch, companies can integrate a durable, clean alternative to the standard pushbutton in their workplace.
Additionally, the SIRIUS ACT sensor switch operates successfully when the user is wearing gloves. Due to the capacitive proximity switch, the human body is used as a dielectric. As the user contacts the sensor switch, the gain in capacitance along the surface of the switch produces a signal. This signal can be used to control machinery or other operations.
Lean more about the SIRIUS ACT and features HERE or visit SIRIUS ACT on Siemens website HERE.
For more information about how SIRIUS ACT products can help with your needs, contact a SE Automation account manager at 1-877-639-0602 or visit www.seawi.com.
This year marks the 25th birthday of Siemens SITOP. To Celebrate, Siemens is offering (a one time) 25% discount off the regular price of the individual components for the entire year (2018).
There are two Anniversary packages available to purchase that easily integrate into your existing automation system:
Power Supply with Selective Protection:
- SITOP PSU100S
- SITOP PSE200U
Power Supply System for Industrie 4.0:
- SITOP PSU8600
- SITOP BUF8600
View SITOP Special Offer Flyer
With the new version of the TIA Portal V15 (Totally Integrated Automation Portal), Siemens is extending its engineering framework to include a range of new practical digitalization functions to shorten engineering times. The main features of the innovations are extension of the application possibilities, expansion of the digitalization portfolio, standardization and higher engineering efficiency.
Features of the expanded application include:
- New version of the TIA Portal V15 engineering framework with emphasis on applications, digitalization portfolio and engineering efficiency
- Applications enhanced with high-level language programming, integration of additional drive systems and handling functions
- Widening of the digitalization portfolio to include OPC UA functionalities and virtual commissioning
- Standardization and higher engineering efficiency with teamwork, as well as expanded diagnostics of machines and systems
For Full Press Release Click Here
Efficiency is of the utmost importance when it comes to getting your work done, and having the latest tools is one variable to your productivity. Having access to the newest features of your software programs is vital and Siemens keeps that and you in mind with their Software Update Service.
Siemens Software Update Service (SUS) keeps your software current by automatically sending you the latest software updates for your current Siemens software programs. This is not only a convenient option for you, but inexpensive as well.
So they question we ask you is, why wait when you can get it NOW?
Siemens offers delivery to your location or the even faster option to download the software. Get your updates electronically with their Online Software Delivery (OSD):
- Current and available around the clock: All released versions of the software at the click of a button
- Fast: Start using the software immediately after you buy it
- Reliable: As reliable as traditional software distribution by regular mail, but much faster.
- Environmentally friendly: No impact on the environment from packaging and shipping.
Order your new Software Update Service now or switch from your existing SUS with physical delivery to the download variant using the SUS Manager (www.siemens.com/susmanager).
If you have any questions regarding this service please contact us today!
Siemens has recently released a new version of the Totally Integrated Automation Portal. New release includes a large variety of new functions for different parts of the Portal: Step 7, Step 7 Safety, WinCC, SINAMCS StartDrive, SIMOTION Scout.
TIA Portal V14 offers multiple new features including:
– Multiuser Engineering
– Teamcenter Gateway
– Cloud Connector and more…
The chart below shows overview of the all new options in V14:
Existing users can take advantage of multiple ways to upgrade their software to V14, like:
– SUS (Software Update Service) which has been extended to Nov/19/2016;
– One time software upgrade from one of the previous versions to the most current on;.
– Power packs which allow user to upgrade the functionality from version Basic to Professional.
For new users Siemens offers download of the 21-days trial version of the software.
To obtain more information or order the software please contact us at http://www.seawi.com/contact-us/.
SE Automation is pleased to announce that our organization has won its third Bronze Eagle Award in a row for Siemens’ 2014 fiscal year. This is also the fourth Bronze Eagle for SE Automation overall and the fifth for the Standard Electric Family of Companies. The award is bestowed upon the top tier distributors in each region based upon sales growth and market participation with Siemens personnel. This is a very prestigious award that is awarded to the top two distributors in a region, with only ten being awarded across the entire country.
We would like to extend a thank you to all of our customers who allowed us to take part in their success throughout last year. We’d also like to congratulate our team of dedicated engineers and associates who have helped SE Automation remain a premier distributor for Siemens once again in 2014.